Opportunities in CAAM
The department offers a senior design course (CAAM 495/496) in which students engage in team-oriented year-long design projects that utilize modeling, analysis, and scientific computing skills to solve a problem motivated by an application in engineering or the physical, biological, or social sciences.
Students can find faculty mentors from within the department. Students are encouraged to directly contact faculty to pursue research projects. These projects may lead to publications in journals such as SIAM Undergraduate Research Online.
A list of research interests can be found on the Faculty page.
Opportunities with Professional Organizations
- Argonne National Laboratory Division of Educational Programs
- AT&T Undergraduate Research Program
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowships (Caltech)
- Council on Undergraduate Research
- National Science Foundation:
Opportunities with Texas Universities
- SMART Program (Baylor University)
- Undergraduate Research in Mathematics (Texas A&M University)
- Research Experience for Undergraduates (U of Houston)
- Mathematical Research Opportunity for Undergraduates (U of Houston)
- GSBS Summer Research Program (UT Health)